10 "insider tips" for artists applying to game studios

polycount lvl 666
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
PixelMasher polycount lvl 666
Hey guys!

So recently I have seen quite a few posts where artists are struggling to get replies to job applications or having a hard time getting their first job. While I have a tendency to drop massive walls of text when/where I can, I thought having an evergreen resource I can simply drop a link to would be more beneficial to everyone involved haha. A lot of the tips could also apply to any artists looking to make a jump to another studio.

So I sat down and wrote out a big post on some of the most heavy hitting points that I keep bringing up over and over. Gavin Goulden  made an awesome post with some common points a while back and I thought I would add my 2 cents into the mix.

As usual, it's a bit of long form content (3k+ words) but I really think anyone struggling or feeling frustrated should take the 5-10 mins to read through it and maybe identify some of their sticking points. It's all based on my experience over the last 10 years, bouncing around the industry in Vancouver and Montreal. 

If you read it, I would love to hear any feedback good or bad on what you thought. If it brings you some form of value or you think it could help someone you know, it would mean the world to me if you shared it :)  Thanks! - Tim

Link to Article (or just click the image) : https://www.polygon-academy.com/10-insider-tips-for-artists-applying-to-game-studios/

Replies