Home Digital Sketchbooks

Sketchbook: LilMissSunBear

triangle
Offline / Send Message
LilMissSunBear triangle
Hello! I wanted a place to post process and whatever I'm working on, and this seemed like a great place to do so. :D

I'm a 2D artist and animator, mostly doing work for indie games or personal commissions. Constructive critique is super appreciated, so feel free to leave some feedback, or just say hi!

See ya around. :D 

Replies

• LilMissSunBear
  • LilMissSunBear
    Offline / Send Message
    LilMissSunBear triangle
    I'm practicing painting faster by doing some quick works in an hour! These are some characters from a DnD campaign me and my friends are in.

Neria, an Elven Sorceress (now with catified ears), who had been collecting the enemies' teeth.

Lance, a Human Magus who got his right arm lopped off by one of the bigger foes.

How my Half-Elf Oracle, Vel, lost her left eye.

More to come soon. :D 
  • LilMissSunBear
    Offline / Send Message
    LilMissSunBear triangle
    I went back to the beginning of the campaign and practiced by painting Grom and his horse, Old Ed. :)

Green skin and armor are two things on my list of things I want to learn how to paint!

Also translating the character's personality into the pose. He may be feeding Old Ed an apple, but I'm not sure if that's how Grom would feed Old Ed an apple.🤔
  • LilMissSunBear
    Offline / Send Message
    LilMissSunBear triangle

I practiced painting green skin by doing a fan art of Galactic Gunner Tristana (League of Legends)!
    This is one of the skin concepts up for vote here: https://nexus.leagueoflegends.com/en-us/2019/02/choose-the-next-tristana-skin/

Green skin is still a mystery to me, but I'm figuring it out. 🤔 I believe I'm missing reds in the mix, for the blood. I want more blues as well, but one step at a time!
  • LilMissSunBear
    Offline / Send Message
    LilMissSunBear triangle
    Some more practice with Tristana!

Sugar Rush Tristana!
    The colors and values feel off on this one, mostly in the values. Getting values right when jumping straight into color is something I've been trying to work on.

Little Demon Tristana!
    I blocked this one out quicker than normal and kind of stagnated and didn't know where to go from there. When this happens, I have to figure out how to move forward in refining and polishing things. This time I used the 'extra' time to try out some lighting!
  • LilMissSunBear
    Offline / Send Message
    LilMissSunBear triangle
    More DnD sketches! 

My character Vel freaking out. Didn't get as far as I wanted to with this one, might revisit it and try the idea again.

Vorn, a Drow Arcane Trickster. Contemplating. 🤔
    I started darker with the base colors with this one and tried building up the lighting, but it still turned out pretty dark.

What I think I have to do is have a color scheme in mind when going into a piece, rather than making it up as I go along. With these I've just been throwing down the base colors and trying to render as quickly as possible, but I want to do more with color!
  • LilMissSunBear
    Offline / Send Message
    LilMissSunBear triangle

More practice with fan art, of Blackthorn Morgana! While sketching it, I realized I liked the pose but wasn't completely sure how to handle the anatomy... Another thing to practice!