Home› 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Wild West Selfportrait

polycounter lvl 9
Offline / Send Message
JohnnyTheKid polycounter lvl 9
Hi Polycount! :)

I had this idea in my head for some time now: myself as a game character in a setting I really enjoy - reflecting my love for games, art and historic settings. It would also serve the purpose of proving to potential employers that I am capable of creating game characters.

Since I did a lot of facial anatomy studying last year and Red Dead Redemption 2 is on the horizon, I decided its the right time to start my realtime game-ready selfportrait with a twist: myself, re-imagined as if I would have lived in the wild west :D
The selfportrait part will help me to get better at anatomy. I have been studying a lot of facial anatomy last year and having to look at my own face in the mirror reinforces all the knowledge. My mirror-face is the best reference and everytime I look into the mirror I notice something I didn't before. Actually, I already spent a lot of time on the head trying to get the likeness...since I want it to be the part of the character with the most iterations, I probably not gonna finish it until everythign else is nearly done.
The details pass is just temporary and will be completely re-done.

Currently I'am blocking out everything very roughly that will be part of the final character to make sure it all works together well.
Here are some (heavy) wip shots and variations of head assets.

Let me know what you think! :)

Replies