Home Contests & Challenges Archives Riot Creative Contest 2017 Riot Creative Contest 2017 - Illustration

[Riot Creative Contest 2017] Zoe Splash Art ~In Spaaaace~ (WIP)

node
Offline / Send Message
InkRose node
Doing my own interpretation of Zoe :) She's going to be jumping with her star rope while leaping between two portals!

Will update with more progress soon! Critique welcome!
(There is going to be a star butterfly on her finger in the final)

Replies

• InkRose
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    InkRose node

Finished progress for today.
    I'm liking how it's turning out! I'm using a different brush and technique than I'm used to.
    The background will be a spacey-starry-place. The top left and bottom right corners of the canvas will have the portals that she's leaping between.
    See ya tomorrow!
  • InkRose
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    InkRose node

Today's progress! Need to start blocking in the rest of the hair.
  • InkRose
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    InkRose node

Today's progress.  Feel like I could be rendering the hair better. Any tips?
  • Harley94
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Harley94 polycounter lvl 2
    I like the constellation that you have as her jump rope. Very fun idea! I suggest trying to paint the hair a bit darker, and to be more selective with where it is highlighted. Since her right hand and the bright rope are farther away from her hair there, you can make that area less bright. It also helps to think of the hair as a solid 3D object (a curved cylinder would probably work here).

Keep up the good work! I hope this was a little help for you.
  • InkRose
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    InkRose node
    Harley94 said:
    I like the constellation that you have as her jump rope. Very fun idea! I suggest trying to paint the hair a bit darker, and to be more selective with where it is highlighted. Since her right hand and the bright rope are farther away from her hair there, you can make that area less bright. It also helps to think of the hair as a solid 3D object (a curved cylinder would probably work here).

Keep up the good work! I hope this was a little help for you.
    Thanks for the advice! I'll keep that in mind!
  • InkRose
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    InkRose node