Home Adobe Substance

Painter soft freezing when painting mask

ngon master
Offline / Send Message
Magihat ngon master
I have this problem where Painter keeps on "soft" freezing (I can still move around the model and tabs but nothing except view-port settings are functioning) when I am painting a mask on a fill-layer. It doesn't happen instantly and sometimes I can paint more than other times before it freezes. When it does this the progress-bar also get stuck at the exact same point at 1/6. I have encountered this in multiple scenes but always when painting masks. I have tried removing stuff that I do not need and keeping the scene as bare-bones as possible as well as reducing the resolution but even then after a while it freezes. One scene where I had done this instantly freezes when selecting the texture set I painted the mask on.

All drivers are up to date and I even upgraded my painter from 2017.2 to 2017.4.1 to see if the problem was related to that version but it is still present and happens consistently. Anyone have any idea what might be causing this? It is really putting a hamper on my workflow.

Replies