Home Contests & Challenges Archives Riot Creative Contest 2017 Riot Creative Contest 2017 - Illustration

[Riot Art Contest 2017] Blood Moon Gangplank Splash Art

Zoey_Kilduff
triangle
Offline / Send Message
Zoey_Kilduff triangle
Hello! My name's Nikki, I'm a current senior in college, and I would really love to enter in Riot's illustration contest.
I'm completely new to this, but I hope I can get somewhere with this contest!!

So anyway, I've totally loved the whole Blood Moon skin line and since we've given one Bilgewater champion a Blood Moon skin (really love the cult aspect they went for TF), I thought, "Well, let's try another champ from that region?" And who do I chose for this?

After chosing the subject, I had to do plenty of research on how I wanted to approach his design, so I put together an inspiration/reference board to work that out (like I did below).

The idea I had for GP's skin is he's a terrifying, ruthless sea demon who is restless on finding revenge against the one that killed him and made him be cursed this way. I thought the Leviathan creature would fit that and then worked my way around it to give me the feel of his anger and thirst for revenge.

I did actually made a mock-up a while back of what I thought the model would look like using his base in-game model, just to give me an idea of how I need to draw him for his splash.

I'll post my art process as I get to working on it before the deadline, but so far, here he is!

Replies