Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Bot dudes

polycounter
Offline / Send Message
Vexod14 polycounter
Hi guys !

I wanted to share a serie of robots I made months/years ago as I learned a lot while doing them, especially Akeytsu and 3DCoat on rigging/texturing processes, for those who don't know Akeytsu, it's a powerfull while being super simple ( btw ergonomic ^^ ) animation software, a fresh one as the v1.0 arrived just last month, it allows you to rig/skin & animate your fbx. really give it a try if you want to love animating again ;)

Worker | 2K PBR maps ( 3DCoat ), model+UV in 3dsMax ( and a little maya, a little ! ) ( UV Packing with 3DCoat =P ), Baked with Handplane, and finally rigging/posing with Akeytsu

model
BadBot [Ocrane16] | 3dsmax for High/Low modeling + UVW 3D-Coat for texturing ( I used a “Handpainted PBR” Workflow like the one used on star wars assets done recently ) Akeytsu from rigging to posing

model
Sentinel | 2K PBR maps, Textured with 3DCoat, model+UV in 3dsMax, Baked with xNormal

Shocker 204 | 2K PBR maps, Textured with 3DCoat ( SWR’s Workflow ), model+UV in 3dsMax ( and still a little maya, a little ! ) UV Packing with 3DCoat, Baking done with Handplane, and finally rigging/posing with Akeytsu !

model
Hunter [Zx-T6] | Modeled on ZBrush/3dsMax, Baked with MightyBake, PBR Textures done with 3DCoat, then Akeytsu for rig/skin/posing. Zbrush was used for blocking the general shapes out before going on 3dsmax, I think it really helps with organic/strangely curved shapes. I changed many things once in 3D in order to have a cooler robot to look and also a more aggressive ennemy to fear.

Sculpt : 

model

Replies