Home Contests & Challenges Archives Riot Creative Contest 2017 Riot Creative Contest 2017 - Illustration

[Riot Creative Contest 2017] Taliyah, Diana or Illaoi? Undecided yet!

polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
ElizabethPL polycounter lvl 3
After a lot of thinking, I've have three ideas left: Taliyah Warring Kingdoms, Death Sworn Illaoi and Lunar Wraith Diana.
I love all three champs, both design and playing, and I think I can make some interesting and cool stuff with them. And neither Taliyah or Illaoi have skins besides the release ones (well, Illaoi is about to have one, but not yet xD)!! That's a plus to pick them.

I limited the choice of the skin's theme to already existing designs in other champions. I'm pretty hesitant and doing it this way will save me a lot of time.

Now the idea is to make compositional sketches of the three posible splash art and pick one!

I hope to finish the thumbnails this week in order to start the final image asap!

Replies

• ALYBERIA
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ALYBERIA vertex
    The aesthetic with lunar wraith + Diana would absolutely blow me away.  Can't wait for an update!
  • ElizabethPL
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I started sketching some thumbnails for each of the ideas. Not that I have something clearer now xD I still not knowing which one to choose

For Taliyah I wanted a dinamic composition, showing her throwing stones or surfing. I love the long sleeves of her design and think it can give a lot of flow to this kind of compositions.

For Illaoi I wanted to focus on her and the tentacles, a somehow static comp that shows her strength and power at the same time.

For Diana I was looking to depict her beautiful, elegant, stylished, similar to the way Cait and Morgana are depicted in their splash.

I still suck at composition, but anyway I tryed to come up with something that represents the feelings I want the final piece to show. Not sure if I'm acomplishing it, so any critique is more than welcome ^-^ (despite the sketches are super rough I can understand them, I hope you can too >.<)

Next step -> Pick a champ and a composition and start working on the skin design!

• ElizabethPL
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ALYBERIA said:
    The aesthetic with lunar wraith + Diana would absolutely blow me away.  Can't wait for an update!
    I know! When I was looking for ideas and saw that skin, my mind immediately thought that Diana would be perfect for that aesthetic.
    I'm not sure if I'll choose that one in the end, but I definitely will at some point in the future.

• Dianaismywife
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dianaismywife polycounter lvl 5
    Lunar Wraith Diana.