Home Contests & Challenges Archives Riot Creative Contest 2017 Riot Creative Contest 2017 - Illustration

[Riot Art Contest 2017] Program Zyra (FINISHED)

thefinalbos
triangle
Offline / Send Message
thefinalbos triangle
Hello Y'all

This is my first time trying out this art contest for League!

Zyra was the first champion I felt comfortable playing with and the one thing that frustrated me was that she didn't have enough skins! Also the program skins are by far my favorite next to the star guardian skins. 

My goal is to explore and come up with a Program Zyra skin and make an awesome splash art! 

Good luck to you all and Crits and Comments are appreciated!  

also dont forget to check out my ArtStation :D
https://www.artstation.com/michellebos

Final!!

Reference:

Variations: Edited* Previously they were green lights but now they are red

Replies

• DawnHeart
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DawnHeart polygon
    Wow they look sooooo damn good!
    I really love Zyra and actually own all her skins but none of them is really extremely good (DS is the best tho) but I have to say I'd love to have Program Zyra! Looks insanely good. Tho I prefer A and C as B seems a bit clunky and I miss the hair of Zyra in A (or cant we just see them cuz of the head position?)
  • sugoilord
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sugoilord triangle
    Very fun idea! Would definitely use this skin if it were in the game :) One suggestion would be to change up the color scheme as it is too similar to the Camille and Lissandra ones.

The green is present in all 3 but the secondary color can be switched up without breaking their visual connection!
  • DawnHeart
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DawnHeart polygon
    sugoilord said:
    Very fun idea! Would definitely use this skin if it were in the game :) One suggestion would be to change up the color scheme as it is too similar to the Camille and Lissandra ones.

The green is present in all 3 but the secondary color can be switched up without breaking their visual connection!
    Yeah thats a good thing to consider. How about that vibrand red/pink she has in base? Could look dope or maybe even something like yellow/green (I wouldnt go for purple or blue cuz of her most resent skin)
  • sugoilord
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sugoilord triangle
    DawnHeart said:
    sugoilord said:

Yeah thats a good thing to consider. How about that vibrand red/pink she has in base? Could look dope or maybe even something like yellow/green (I wouldnt go for purple or blue cuz of her most resent skin)
    Hmm red would be a good idea I think, it's in her color palette and isn't in the other program skins.
  • thefinalbos
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thefinalbos triangle
    Thats a really good point thanks for the crit! I was mostly concerned about getting the color palette right I forgot that its something to consider
  • thefinalbos
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thefinalbos triangle
    Some Comp Variations:

• razz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    razz polycounter lvl 9
    Really liking number 1! A composition I haven't seen too much in LoL splash art. 
  • DawnHeart
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DawnHeart polygon
    I really like number 1, 5 and 6 for the pose (5 my absolute fave tho)
    As for the model I think C would look the best when you finish the hair. I think A and B are tooo much colored in the face (when comparing to the others especially as red is really a strong color). Maybe do only the eyes & mouth red not the whole / part of face? I pref the whip lashes of B & C over A :D 
    Good job so far really excited for your end work!
  • RV_
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    RV_ triangle
    Cool idea, all 3 concept are great ! Personnaly i prefer the full torso as it seems kinda weird when there's blank. I didn't have the chance to see when the lights were green, but i definitly miss some green areas since its zyra.
    For the comp my favorites are 1 & 4.
  • Shayumi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Shayumi triangle
    Really cool idea! When I read the title I was like "Program Zyra...hmmm I don't know about that one!" But now that I see your pictures I am convinced! :) I like armor/outfit C the best, I think the legs look the best in this armor. For the composition I like 1 & 6 .. 1 reminds me of a comic somehow, it's really dynamic.. I am interested though, what would Zyra's seeds look like with this skin? And to what would they "evolve" once activated? I think these are also things to consider, maybe you could even add some of her "plants" into the background, it would show that you thought about the skin as a whole concept! 
  • thefinalbos
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thefinalbos triangle
    Here are some of the processes I had so far lol

Line Sketches:

Rough Color fill in:

the Rest:

the Final wip:

• thefinalbos
    Options
    Offline / Send Message