Home Contests & Challenges Archives Riot Creative Contest 2017 Riot Creative Contest 2017 - Illustration

[Riot Art Contest 2017] - The Corrupted Star

null
Offline / Send Message
Gumae null

Hello guys! 
My name is Mary and I'm designing an illustration for Lux related to the Star Guardian line (my personal favorite!) 
You need to keep in mind I didn't design this as a skin for the game but for storytelling purposes
since I'm not very good doing splash-arts ^_^U 

I love the Star Guardian universe and I wish to expand it a little bit more giving a "villian" instead of just void creatures. The main idea is that Lux got corrupted by the Dark Star so she goes in her way to destroy her own teammates, hopefully giving the piece of hopeless sensation to the viewer.

Suggestions and critiques are welcome!
(WIP)

Since it's not a Dark Star skin but a corrupted one Lux still preserves her human features, but adding the "star" in her headpiece which is the main source for the corruption. The colors  and effects are the same as the Dark Star line and her staff is converted to a black void, Mimi (her pet) is still in the staff but asleep.

Firstly I need to apologize because I lost the thumbnails prior to this concept. As I said in the introduction, I wanted the viewer feel the pain for the few girls remaining so this is why Lux it's dropping the star souls of their teammates in front of them giving a sensation of victory for the dark side.
 I am still not 100% sure if I'm going to continue with this composition 
However, this is what I got so far!

Replies