Home Contests & Challenges Archives Riot Creative Contest 2017 Riot Creative Contest 2017 - Illustration

[Riot Creative Contest 2017] Armor of the Fifth Age Garen

Beltrano
triangle
Offline / Send Message
Beltrano triangle
Here is the final version!
You can see my process below.

Greetings! I'm new here and i hope you like it!

My idea is my favorite skin to my favorite champion. I was studying the Taric skin to take the concept and bring it to Garen, i want to made something different but i also want to people recognize the idea and remember Taric's skin. This means: Purple, fluffy pink stuff and the sexyness.

Replies

• DawnHeart
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DawnHeart polygon
    Hot af! but I wouldnt go with the shorts. its just too much with the shorts. I think E / F look the best and the hair of B & E/F are the best :)
    and for the weapon I'd go with A cuz a weapons/swords shouldnt be fluffy (if I remember correctly tarics has no fluff either?)
    But it looks cool cant wait for the rest :D
  • Beltrano
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Beltrano triangle
    DawnHeart said:
    Hot af! but I wouldnt go with the shorts. its just too much with the shorts. I think E / F look the best and the hair of B & E/F are the best :)
    and for the weapon I'd go with A cuz a weapons/swords shouldnt be fluffy (if I remember correctly tarics has no fluff either?)
    But it looks cool cant wait for the rest :D
    Yeah, you're right, thanks for the feedback!

So i decided to go with the F one, and did some little changes (more armor in the chest). And added some pink gems in the sword, 'cause i think it was very similar to the original one.

Now i made some splash art ideas, i'm searching for something sexy but yet "dynamical", i don't know wich one i'll choose yet.

The 3 is too much Debonair skins, but i liked the pose.
  • Madkey
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Madkey triangle
    Hey! This is cool! I think 1 and 4 are the best compos in my opinion because of the perspective, I can imagine all the shiny stuff in the background *-* hahaha
  • Medaforcer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Medaforcer triangle
    Damn now you really have me thinking about what the fifth age really was.
  • Beltrano
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Beltrano triangle
    So, after a long time, i did the line work 
    I spent a lot of time to do the right hand and it still not in the way i want. I know i'll change many things while painting, but i like to do it just to have pretty clear where i am going.
    The less you know, the better. What happened in the fifth age, stays in the fifth age.
  • DawnHeart
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DawnHeart polygon
    Beltrano said:
    I spent a lot of time to do the right hand and it still not in the way i want. I know i'll change many things while painting, but i like to do it just to have pretty clear where i am going.
    The less you know, the better. What happened in the fifth age, stays in the fifth age.
    THIS. LOOKS. AMAZING. I WANT BABIES WITH HIM xD
    No seriously this is legit hot. Oh my... I like all your splash art ideas u made they look soooo goood and the one you chose is kinda the best indeed and uuuuuuuuuuh cant wait to see the final *-*
    I so hope rito decided to do it I'd be so happy xD
  • Beltrano
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Beltrano triangle
    Okay so i started to paint it, i usually don't like to share this part 'cause it's kinda ugly, but here we go.

I will change some colours while painting, and i didnt decide yet if i will paint his hair blond or not.
  • Beltrano
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Beltrano triangle
    DawnHeart said:
    Beltrano said:
    THIS. LOOKS. AMAZING. I WANT BABIES WITH HIM xD
    No seriously this is legit hot. Oh my... I like all your splash art ideas u made they look soooo goood and the one you chose is kinda the best indeed and uuuuuuuuuuh cant wait to see the final *-*
    I so hope rito decided to do it I'd be so happy xD
    Hahaha thanks! If rito makes it i would be the happiest person on earth!!

• DawnHeart
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DawnHeart polygon
    Beltrano said:
    Okay so i started to paint it, i usually don't like to share this part 'cause it's kinda ugly, but here we go.

I will change some colours while painting, and i didnt decide yet if i will paint his hair blond or not.
    DO. THE. BLOND!!
    I'm craving for a blond hotty in league apart of HS Varus and now that Varus is officially gay I need someone new.
    Also it looks A-M-A-Z-I-N-G I'm totally digging it
  • Beltrano
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Beltrano triangle
    I made some color adjustments and started to put some lights. I really like the hair, but there's something weird in his face, and i do not know what is. 
  • DawnHeart
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DawnHeart polygon
    Beltrano said:
    I made some color adjustments and started to put some lights. I really like the hair, but there's something weird in his face, and i do not know what is. 
    OH MY GOD. I WANT BABIES WITH HIM xDDD
    I think theodd thing is the right eyebrow (well from Garen's view left) which makes it a bit wierd. Its a bit too dark / fat at the end ? Idk cant rly tell but I think tis the eyebrows as everything else is ridiculously hot! xD
    Can you please keep doing stuff like this? Like I want 50 more champs looking like this xDDDDD
  • FirDrawsStuff
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    FirDrawsStuff polycounter lvl 3
  • DawnHeart
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DawnHeart polygon
    HOT AF!!!
    IKR?!?!!??!
  • Beltrano
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Beltrano triangle
    I was a bit busy this week, this is what i made so far:
    > I changed his face 'cause the old one wasnt dynamical enough, i don't know, i just didn't like it. Now he is looking more dominant. 
    >The hands.
    >I started doing the gold things and the fluffy stuff.

• TheIceWolves
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TheIceWolves triangle
    I noticed his waist is too wide almost the same size as his chest, make it bit thin. I like the new head, it will be better with a slight smile on his face like the first one. Good Luck
  • Silvarspark
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Silvarspark polycounter lvl 3
    I think his right hand is broken.
  • DawnHeart
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DawnHeart polygon
    I noticed his waist is too wide almost the same size as his chest, make it bit thin. I like the new head, it will be better with a slight smile on his face like the first one. Good Luck
    Thats how Riot has drawn him since rework. His waist is SLIGHTLY smaller than his chest but all in all thats how they picture Garen. 

To the new head to me it looks somehow really wierd actually it looks like he has no neck somehow. Also I kinda liked the other face more.
    It looked more like "hey want some babies with me?" xD
    And yeah I agree you may need to do something with his right hand (where the sword is) 
  • FirDrawsStuff
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    FirDrawsStuff polycounter lvl 3
    WHY IS HE SO HOT HOLY SHIOOT
  • Beltrano
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Beltrano triangle
    I think his right hand is broken.
    DawnHeart said:
    Thats how Riot has drawn him since rework. His waist is SLIGHTLY smaller than his chest but all in all thats how they picture Garen. 

To the new head to me it looks somehow really wierd actually it looks like he has no neck somehow. Also I kinda liked the other face more.
    It looked more like "hey want some babies with me?" xD
    And yeah I agree you may need to do something with his right hand (where the sword is) 
    WHY IS HE SO HOT HOLY SHIOOT
    Thanks for all the feedbacks!! You all helping me is really cool, i love it!!

Okay, i will change the hand, i knew something was weird since the lineart. The perspective really get me. I will reduce a little bit his waist, just for the sake of anatomy. 

Now the head: I'm not getting back to the old one, i have it saved, but i don't like it. I will change the new face to look more like the old one. Maybe i make a new new one, idk yet.

BUT REALLY THANKS! I'm so happy.
  • Beltrano
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Beltrano triangle
    I'm back by popular demand! I was a little busy in the past weeks, but now i will dedicate full time to end this piece
    This is how looks so far, i'll start the background now. Any feedback are welcome, thanks!
  • Beltrano
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Beltrano triangle
    I made the background, change a little his skin color, and add a lot of light. I don't know if its finish yet, i will look for some changes...