Home Contests & Challenges Archives Riot Creative Contest 2017 Riot Creative Contest 2017 - VFX

[Riot Creative Contest 2017] - Mederic Havard

polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
Med3d2dfx polycounter lvl 3
Hello everyone this is my idea, i don't want to do a projectile this time but an "organic" spell. I'm still thinking about the end (dissipation) and the angle for the wormhole for the best visibility.

Replies

• Med3d2dfx
    Offline / Send Message
    I think he will be categorized realistic, I go to use PopcornFX & Unreal Engine 4, i 'm going to share to you some reference :)
  • Med3d2dfx
    Offline / Send Message
    I love SF & Horror movies, it's the theme of this effect, for the hole, i see this more like in Interstellar, not just a black hole, an effect a little bit like the portal of stargate for the water aspect, and maybe dust, smoke like a galaxy for the creation around the hole.

The worm is simple vision of an alien worm. Do you remenber the movie called "Slither" when the worm run after his prey ;) i want this for tha animation when they go to the adversary. Maybe i go to do a shader a little bit translucent, but what is sure, i want some ring on it to do a electrical effect like a christmas garland when the worms concentrate to call the king worm.

The first reference of this king in my mind is the worm in star wars, a big mouth with a million teeth and maybe with most advanced look with big fangs like the terrifying worm in sewers in "Resident evil 3". For the animation, not directly eat the adversary, but more progressivly like the last picture :)

• Med3d2dfx
    Offline / Send Message
    A fisrt draft in zbrush in half 'n hour for the small worm.