Home Contests & Challenges Archives Riot Creative Contest 2017 Riot Creative Contest 2017 - Illustration

[ Riot Creative Contest 2017] - Cyberpop Jinx

triangle
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
WANDAKUN triangle
Hello guuuys! So I finally decided to start a thing here :) 

I just LOVE the Cyberpop Zoe skin and I decided to make the champ that made me play League in that style ^^

Here I will be posting some WIPs of the concept then the Splash-art.

Replies

• WANDAKUN
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    WANDAKUN triangle
    Hey hey! Lil color update > still trying to decide what color scheme, my friends told me to pick D one, and I am doubting between that one and A!! ;) 
  • AnthonyAnimation
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AnthonyAnimation greentooth
    Hey Wanda, cool idea! It might help make a decision if you know what color you'd like her guns to be. You'll want a good contrast so they read well.
  • missalchemist
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    missalchemist vertex
    D, definitely D! Good luck :)
  • WANDAKUN
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    WANDAKUN triangle
    Hey hey! Huge thanks for the feedback! I made a lil more progress on the skin design. 

I decided that depending on which weapon she is using with the Q (Fishbones or Mr. PewPew) her hair would change colors! [Purple - blue - green - yellow].

Now it is time to do the back view then work more on the weapons and see what I come up with :)

Also started looking for references for the future Final Piece: the Splash-Art. <3
  • WANDAKUN
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    WANDAKUN triangle

Heyaaaa! More updates :smiley:

I did the Zapp (Jinx's W), as a lava/pixel lamp. Since it's a Cyberpop thing, I decided to turn the lava into pixels so it fits more the actual skin theme. Gotta do more views soon!

• Marie_Miau
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Marie_Miau polygon
    It´s awesome how you managed to combine lava lamp and pixel, looks great!
  • MadameDaFunk
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MadameDaFunk triangle
    Hey nice work  :smiley: , the lava lamp end up being a really good touch . The  design and the idea of the changin colors of  her hair are good too, it also free you to choose wich color is better for the final peace compostion and also if it will ever be animated it will be awesome !!!! Keep going  !!!!! i choose Jinx too  so now we  technivally are  Jinxsista <3  ( even if i have fishbones betwen my legs .........hm hm..... ok is more likely zap >.> .....hm hm  LOL)  well done well done ....... :blush:
  • WANDAKUN
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    WANDAKUN triangle
    Hey nice work  :smiley: , the lava lamp end up being a really good touch . The  design and the idea of the changin colors of  her hair are good too, it also free you to choose wich color is better for the final peace compostion and also if it will ever be animated it will be awesome !!!! Keep going  !!!!! i choose Jinx too  so now we  technivally are  Jinxsista <3  ( even if i have fishbones betwen my legs .........hm hm..... ok is more likely zap >.> .....hm hm  LOL)  well done well done ....... :blush:
    Hey hey! Hahaha that weapons joke tho xD Thanks for the feedback :)) And yes! I will make a lil animation of the final illustration... or I'll try hehe
  • WANDAKUN
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    WANDAKUN triangle

Mr. Pew Pew is here!

I took reference from Tron Legacy weapons and other weird neon stuff I saw on the internet :wink: Now let make Fishbones and the lil E thingys and LETS GET STARTEDDDD!!!! 

Btw: since Zoe has a skull kitty symbol, Jinx will be a bunny! 
  • WANDAKUN
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    WANDAKUN triangle

Also made a decision on Jinx's tattoo, it is a BINARY CODE! 

I am very proud of this idea actually, I think it is gonna look pretty cool in the splash-art :)
  • WANDAKUN
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    WANDAKUN triangle

Lil zoom on Jinx! Added details (and a neon J) to her headphones + nerdy round glasses (I wear those irl haha). I think she looks pretty cool with them ^^ 

Let me now what you guys think about my most recent updates please !!! <3 

- Tons of spanish hugz -
  • Keiraya
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Keiraya node
    I both like and don't like the glasses on Jinx. I get that it's kinda in part with the Cyberpop/hacker theme but Jinx doesn't strike me as the type for glasses at all. If you keep the glasses, maybe put a couple of freckles on her cheeks? I feel like they'd work well with them.
    Jinx is my go to adc and I love the purple more - but that's cause purple is my favourite colour so I'm pouty a bit at having blonde for Pow Pow but I like the colour changing, I think it's an awesome idea. Looking forward to seeing this realised.