Home Technical Talk

SOLVED: Wrong UVW from the birth of any standard primitives

Munkenb
null
Offline / Send Message
Munkenb null
Hello,

I am having a problem with my material or standard primitives in 3Ds max. Whenever i create a plane, and have done nothing to it, but applying a standard material with a bitmap in the diffuse slot the UVW is messed up. This results in the bitmap being tiled up on the plane that i've just created.

Here is an illustration:

The plane to the right is the one i have just created an applied my material on where the bitmap is tiled. The one on the left is with the same material expect that I have put the bitmap size to 1 and I have uvw unwrapped it to get the result, that I normally get when creating a plane or any other object.

Do any of you have a suggestion to what is wrong and how to fix it?

Thanks in advance.

Replies

• Munkenb
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Munkenb null
    To be honest, I think it is a material problem.

The two materials that i have just are these two:

The first one is with the bitmap size set to 1 and the second one is with bitmap size set to 48, which was the default setting.

Is this normal? As far as i remember the bitmap is usually just tiled one time in the material editor?
  • Munkenb
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Munkenb null
    Okay, I just figured it out but myself. The "Use Real-world scale" was checked, and that caused the problem. I don't know how I managed to get it to be the default, but it can be changed in Customize > Preferences > General Tab > Use Real World Mapping check box.