Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[UE4] High detailed Sci-fi Spaceship

triangle
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
TechLevel triangle
My longest work: sci-fi ship. I am love sci-fi and did spaceships before, but this - my best work in this themes.

For work on details i am killed many time. But the most difficult was the baked texutre.
This is high poly:

I hope you like it)
----------
You can see this machine on sketchfub:
model

Replies

• Doxturtle
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Doxturtle polycounter lvl 8
    This is a great start. Personally I feel like the yellow comes across a bit dull in your screenshots though. It would be nice to see some more signs of wear from use, things like streaks on the windows, scratches from pieces of rocks hitting the surface, paint getting chipped from panels revealing the metal underneath etc. Think about how this object would be used and what kind of things would happen to it, then try to get that into the materials.

I think revealing some metal through the yellow paint (like chipped edges and impacts from debris) would help make the paneling a bit more interesting and break up the big blocks of yellow. Doesn't need a crazy amount, just some minor scratching. 

It could also be nice to have some colouring of the metal from the heat around the engines too. 

:)

• TechLevel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TechLevel triangle
    Hi! I'm not against scratches on hull and gloss. On scketchfub you can see absolutly different image (different render). Initially i am create dust on gloss in painter, but dont can do it in UE4 =)
    May be i made several types of texure (clear, scratch, damaged).

colouring of the metal from the heat around the engines - good effect on you screenshot. I'll try to do the same.