Home Technical Talk

ZBrush 4R8 - Gizmo Select Multiple Subtools

Fjr3
polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
Fjr3 polycounter lvl 5
Hi, I am new to ZBrush 4R8. I've been trying the new Gizmo. When I turn on "Transpose All Selected Subtool", used "SelectRect", some of them are selected. How can I deselect this? 

I figured out that I had to select everything by cover them all in "SelectRect". I assume that was not the way to deselect it, must be hotkey or button because what if I had a complex model, it will mess up the workflow seriously. Thanks in advance.

Replies

• kanga
    Offline / Send Message
    kanga quad damage
    Havent had a chance to play with 4R8 much yet. The answer you are looking for is here, or in the following vid https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJLXRrmM_hY&index=1&list=PLkzopwqcFevY_yAkRTXflCN5KXYmcUvhi

• musashidan
    Offline / Send Message
    musashidan high dynamic range
    You don't have to drag a rect. You can just ctrl+shift click on subtools to toggle add/remove them from the selection. It works exactly the same as polygroup selection/hiding works: The first subtool you C+S click will be isolated and the others will have the hatching to show they are not part of the selection. Then just C+S click other subtools to add them to the group(and remove them) C+S click on the empty canvas will invert the selection. C+S drag empty canvas to clear the selection.
  • Fjr3
    Offline / Send Message
    Fjr3 polycounter lvl 5
    You don't have to drag a rect. You can just ctrl+shift click on subtools to toggle add/remove them from the selection. It works exactly the same as polygroup selection/hiding works: The first subtool you C+S click will be isolated and the others will have the hatching to show they are not part of the selection. Then just C+S click other subtools to add them to the group(and remove them) C+S click on the empty canvas will invert the selection. C+S drag empty canvas to clear the selection.
    Great, I got it. Thanks bro!