Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[UE4] Ork Twin-Tailed Dakkajet

polycounter lvl 2
Offline / Send Message
OneWhoFliesTrains polycounter lvl 2
About 75% of the way finished with this modified Ork Dakkajet from Warhammer 40k. Any feedback or critique would be much appreciated

Replies

• Brian "Panda" Choi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Brian "Panda" Choi high dynamic range
  • OneWhoFliesTrains
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    OneWhoFliesTrains polycounter lvl 2
    Hah! Indeed this is not a train. Sometimes a man needs to take a break from flying trains to fly more aerodynamic craft every now and then.

Dirtied things up and went over most everything with a grime pass.

EDIT: if anyone knows. In this top shot here the decals (circled in red) are bleeding over the geometry...

...but as you can see here:

They aren't that high off the mesh. Definitely not high enough to bleed onto the ridges Anyone know why this is happening or a potential solution?
  • Cruiser_Maya
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I think it looks great overall the aircraft is sleek and functional looking but isn't that a problem if it's an ork vehicle?
    Shouldn't ork vehicles be more rough looking like they shouldn't fly but somehow can and more red?
    the dakka jet is a weird ork vehicle ain't it?
  • lotet
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    lotet hero character
    Looking good! my only crit is a lot of the stuff looks to straight and non damaged for an Orc plane.
     I dont mean surfacing stuff like rust and scratches, but crooked pipes, ducktape holding things together, the whole thing is just looking way to funktional. 

like @Cruiser_Maya  mentioned as well, this thing should look like its barley holding together, staying together only by the WAAAGH.