Home Technical Talk

Dynamesh error zbrush 4r7

Hi I'm from Brazil I started using zbrush recently, and using dynamesh I came across this error at (unfreeze subdivision levels) it gets with crystals in places that were not for this one. (Translation made by google translator)

Replies

• cryrid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cryrid interpolator
    The Freeze/Unfreeze options are more for making changing to the topology while still preserving previous subdivision levels. Chances are, 90% of the time you probably shouldn't be freezing the mesh during dynamesh. Just delete all lower subdivision levels before running dynamesh and there will be nothing to freeze. 

Explanation:
    Freezing will store all the details for the current mesh, then drop you down to the lowest subdivision level so that you can change the topology around. Once you're done and unfreeze the mesh, it will then subdivide the result and attempt to project the original stored details onto the new model. As an example, this is useful when you have a sculpted face with several subdivision levels, and you eventually realize that  you need to change the topology of the nose around so that you can add in more density. Freezing will let you drop down to the lowest level, change that specific area of the mesh, then project all the details back to it.