Home Career & Education

graphic design for games development: how to begin?

gyven_s
null
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
gyven_s null

Hey there i'm Giovanni, from Italy, and i'm approaching graphic design for videogames development. I draw since I was a child but I have absolutely no idea how to handle my work to create textures or models. When I discovered this community I was super-enthusiastic: I'm sure that someone of you will give me advice on books to read, exercises to do, guides to follow and programs to use to get started. Hope you could help me. Thank you all!  :)  :)

Replies

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [Deleted User] insane polycounter
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • pior
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pior grand marshal polycounter
    Here is an exercise. Once your choice of a modeling program is set (which can pretty much be summed up as : pick either Max/Maya/Modo for a fee, or Blender for free), and assuming that you already have a working version of Photoshop :

For the coming 6 months, focus exclusively on creating models under 800 triangles with a 256*256 texture.

This is probably not going to be sexy, but I can guarantee you that once you've done that you will have learned a ton of useful knowledge, and progressed much faster and further than most people following a "current" game modeling course.

Good luck !