Home Adobe Substance

how to apply old textures to re-projected mesh??

polycounter lvl 2
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
Jordanbeeston polycounter lvl 2
Hey everyone,

so i was working on an object in substance painter and was mid way through when i realized i hadn't modeled part of it properly, so i went back into Maya to fix it by adding geometry (which meant making new UV's slightly) saved out a new high and low poly OBJ and went to project configuration to import my new poly and then i deleted the old normal maps and re baked it with the new high poly OBJ.

How do a apply the layers i have been working on (from the old model) to the new model?

I tried putting all the layers into one folder and creating a new smart material but still the mesh is just white and i dont want to have to go through it all again especially as i managed to get it looking pretty nice before.

If anyone can help i would appreciate it greatly, if there is a way im probably missing something obvious that i need to do aha

Replies

• Jerc
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jerc interpolator
    You shouldn't have to do anything. Your existing layer stack should reproject on the new mesh. Did you try with both "preserve strokes" option on and off?
  • Jordanbeeston
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jordanbeeston polycounter lvl 2
    Hey Jerc, 

had another mess around in substance with fresh eyes, I figured out the issue... definitely just me being stupid! I had masking based on color selection applied to the materials so it may have got confused when i changed the UV's and thus the color selection :)

Thanks for the response :)