Home Technical Talk

Help with Polygroups?

NeonGold
polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
NeonGold polycounter lvl 5
Hi guys,

I'm fairly new to ZBrush, and I've run into a bit of a tough snag. I want to have the stitches in the image grouped as one polygroup so that I can delete them while keeping the piece they're on, but I'm not sure how to select them to do that as each is its own polygroup. Any tips?

Replies

• musashidan
    Offline / Send Message
    musashidan high dynamic range
    There are several ways:

You can use 'merge similar groups' 
    You can switch to transpose, ctrl click the main red polygroup to mask it, invert mask, ctrl+w to polygroup masked
    You can ctrl+shift click main PG, ctrl+shift drag to invert hidden, ctr+w to PG masked

Getting used to how the masking/hiding/polygrouping/transposing works are probably the most important techniques in getting faster in ZB. Polygroups are very powerful.
  • NeonGold
    Offline / Send Message
    NeonGold polycounter lvl 5
    There are several ways:

You can use 'merge similar groups' 
    You can switch to transpose, ctrl click the main red polygroup to mask it, invert mask, ctrl+w to polygroup masked
    You can ctrl+shift click main PG, ctrl+shift drag to invert hidden, ctr+w to PG masked

Getting used to how the masking/hiding/polygrouping/transposing works are probably the most important techniques in getting faster in ZB. Polygroups are very powerful.
    Oh awesome, thanks! That helps so much!
    It really is a great system, but getting the hang of it is taking time. I suppose all good things do.