Home Technical Talk

How to add an extra parameter in 3dsmax

AFsoft
polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
AFsoft polycounter lvl 8
Hello, i have been watching a tutorial from digitaltutors publisher, "SettingUp.a.Jiggle.System.for.Animation.in.3dsMax",
in video number 3,tutor, adds a spring parameter to the parameters using "available" parameter. how do i add this available parameter? 

Replies

• musashidan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    musashidan high dynamic range
    Click the available slot and then press the Assign Controller button(it's just below the big parameters button)
  • AFsoft
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AFsoft polycounter lvl 8
    Click the available slot and then press the Assign Controller button(it's just below the big parameters button)
    there is not an Available parameter. 

• spacefrog
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    spacefrog polycounter lvl 15
    You first have to assign  a list controller to the  - in your screenshot - position controller
    A list controller can contain other sub controllers and will show the "available" entry

The screenshot of your tutorial shows that there is already a list controller added to the position controller, containing 3 sub controllers already ( a frozen position, a zero position and the spring position controller ). Apparently the tutor previously did a "Freeze Transform" step, which generates a list controller and adds  the frozen and zero position controller sub entries. So it looks like you missed that step when following the tutorial....

• AFsoft
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AFsoft polycounter lvl 8
    any idea what im talking bout ?
  • AFsoft
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AFsoft polycounter lvl 8
    spacefrog said:
    You first have to assign  a list controller to the  - in your screenshot - position controller
    A list controller can contain other sub controllers and will show the "available" entry

The screenshot of your tutorial shows that there is already a list controller added to the position controller, containing 3 sub controllers already ( a frozen position, a zero position and the spring position controller ). Apparently the tutor previously did a "Freeze Transform" step, which generates a list controller and adds  the frozen and zero position controller sub entries. So it looks like you missed that step when following the tutorial....

Yep, thanks ! i did not missed it, i  forgot to think why he would freez the transform and rotation every time. 
  • musashidan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sory, I thought that was your screenshot and you already had a list controller.
  • AFsoft
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AFsoft polycounter lvl 8
    Sory, I thought that was your screenshot and you already had a list controller.
    no problem, I owe you already for drawing attention to my post. I respect this.
  • musashidan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks mate, glad you solved it.