Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[UE] The Black Emporium fan art environment

Hi! I'm new here. I just finished a master's degree in video games and I decided to post my final project. I recreated Dragon Age's The Black Emporium in Unreal Engine 4. All models and textures are made by me using 3Ds Max, Zbrush, Substance Designer and Photoshop. It's my first big thing since I've been modelling only for 5 months, so bear with me, please! :)

I'd very much apreciate your comments and critiques. Here are some screenshots from UE and the reel I made with my contact info, for anyone interested. Thank you!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYMd6CH65DU

Replies

• Svyat
    Offline / Send Message
    Svyat polycounter lvl 5
    Looks nice, but one thing I noticed straight away is to me the textures look a little too bland, maybe throwing a good normal map in will help. Otherwise lighting and the models are fine. Keep up the good work! :)
  • jennscarlett
    Svyat said:
    Looks nice, but one thing I noticed straight away is to me the textures look a little too bland, maybe throwing a good normal map in will help. Otherwise lighting and the models are fine. Keep up the good work! :)
    All textures have normal maps. I think maybe the lightning makes it softer, I don't know. But thank you!!