Home Technical Talk

Help xnormal baking error. ghost image from previous bake

hi im a amateur artist that loves to model, just recent i began to tinker with models for games. i ve been working a asset for warframe, personal project just as learning process the past couple of day i been pulling my hair with normal, my knowledge is low.

so basically i bake a normal i was not happy and bake another, the i got impatience and create redo the uvs and just let blender do auto packing for testing because i was having kinda ghost image, then with the new uv layout i saw what i marked with red. seems like the old layout has some kind of ghost effect on the new one. im confuse is the some form of cache issue ?
appreciate any kind of feedback and help, im kinda annoy i dont know what to do.
using x normal v3.19 and blender 2.78

Replies

• Obscura
    Offline / Send Message
    Obscura grand marshal polycounter
    Can't help with Blender, but you should definitely name your thread better if you want to get help. Like "Blender and Xnormal - normal map baking errors". Or "Blender and Xnormal - Baking/UV issues".  Titles like "I'm a noob plz help" won't make much people checking in.

Good luck!

• frozenfenrir
    thank you for the comment i should change right away
  • Obscura
    Offline / Send Message
    Here is a generic idea though I'm really not sure what you can do in blender and whatnot and how etc. But since the errors appears only inside the uv islands, isn't it possible that they overlap with something? Like you are trying to bake a symmetrical thing and the uvs of the 2 sides overlaps. Then the error would make sense.

I'm just shooting in the dark.
  • frozenfenrir
    is a single object nothing else,  i was using a different layout but since it kept happening i just went create a new file imported the object, redo de uv and let blender pack it,  what you are seeing now, the upper left one is the same piece you see in the right side, the one that exist in the actual layout is the right one the ghost is the left.
    the thing i dont understand is why the lines and the white dots, i dont understand is like a form of cache.
  • Obscura
    Offline / Send Message
    Can you clear the transform history?
    Also, are you using a cage mesh? Might worth to try  exporting a new one after all the modifications.
  • frozenfenrir
    i switch pc i seems the issue is there , because none of the ghost stuff is showing up, could be that there is a issue with amd chips? im using an ati card in the trouble pc, while in the other pc is nvidia? or could be the processor.