Home Digital Sketchbooks

Sketchbook: Picnicolas

Picnicolas
null
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
Picnicolas null
Hello everyone, this is my first post on Polycount. A couple of days ago I came across this Monthly Environment Art Challenge and I loved the design made by Dirty J. I would really appreciate some feedback on this project since it is my first go at environment modeling, especially for video games. I've worked mostly on high res characters in the past. The polycount of the entire scene at the moment as shown in the second progress image is on almost 3k at the moment. I am not sure if that's ok or not so I would appreciate some feedback on that as well.

This is where I've gotten up to in two days, I started kinda late and I really hope i can finish it in time. Also I tried to match the perspective as close as I could, it's slightly off but it should do I think.

Thank you for your time going through this post!

Replies

• Picnicolas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Picnicolas null
    Took it into Zbrush to see what I can get out of it in terms of sculpting some detail, generate some normal maps to see how the UVs are working out, also textured a bit in polypaint (definitely not my strongest suit). I don't know if the polycount (roof) and UV Map is a bit of an overkill. Would appreciate some feedback on that as well.