Home Career & Education

Best places to sell 3d models online

polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
code7 polycounter lvl 4
Hello, What are the best places to sell hi poly 3d models(non-realtime/game and non-3d printable) online? I'm already publishing models on Turbosquid and thinking about selling on other marketplaces. Appreciate if you can share your experience. Thanks.

Replies

• Zack Maxwell
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Zack Maxwell interpolator
    code7 said:
    Hello, What are the best places to sell 3d models(non-3d printable) online? I'm already publishing models on Turbosquid and thinking about selling on other marketplaces. Appreciate if you can share your experience. Thanks.
    Turbosquid might be one of the worst possible places to sell. The royalties are obscene, and from my experience the site hardly even gets any natural traffic, and they do absolute jack all to help people find your work.
    Gumroad or Cubebrush are better; there's not much natural traffic there either, but at least they have good royalty rates. They also don't have all the stupid upload rules that Turbosquid has.

The best I've found though are probably the Unity and UE4 marketplaces. LOTS of traffic through those places.
  • RaptorCWS
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    RaptorCWS polycounter lvl 11
    cry engine also has their own market place. it probably has less users looking to buy than unreal or unity but there may be less competition on it as well. I havent looked at it since they announced it so I may be wrong.
  • code7
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    code7 polycounter lvl 4
    Grimwolf 
    RaptorCWS 
    Thanks for the reply. I mean hi poly 3d models(non-realtime/game and non-3d printable like http://www.shapeways.com/) Sorry that I didn't mention it in the original post

p.s edited the original post
  • Jonas Ronnegard
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jonas Ronnegard polycount sponsor
    I would say that the best selling sites are probably the unity store and the ue4 marketplace

gumroad has become a good collecting place for tutorials and other 3D/2D resources but I don't think many people are going on there to look for 3d models.
  • code7
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    code7 polycounter lvl 4
    Jonas Ronnegard
    Thanks. I will look into that