Home Animation Showcase & Critiques

Free Character Download - Runic Games Hob Fan Art

polycounter lvl 10
Offline / Send Message
kevino025 polycounter lvl 10
Hello everyone,

Its been a while since I posted something here. I wanted to share a model I've been working on. I really fell in love with hand painted characters (really hand painted anything) and its what I've been doing the most. I created a monster and his weapon from Hob, the upcoming game from Runic Games to practice hand painted. I found this character in one of the trailers and really caught my eye so I decided to recreate it.

I went ahead a rigged him to pose him and I decided that I will be giving him away for anyone that wants to animate him. 

You can find the download here.

If you animate him please message me or reply to this thread with any animations of him. I would love to see him come alive and see what you guys create. I included a README with the download with more information. 

I usually post on the 3D Art Showcase & Critiques area but I wanted to share the rig here as well. I created the rig using the UE4 ART Tool. I added some extra joints for the jaw, tongue and the back piece.

I also want to practice more characters in this style and I think I want to make a champ from League of Legends. I want to rig him or her and give it away just like this one for any animators who want to practice and improve on their skills. Let me know if you guys are interested in that and if so let me know which champs you would like to see in what skin.

I think that's pretty much it.
Cheers!

Replies