Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

The Dragon and the Skull

null
Hi

My first topic here. I'm a noob in the 3D modeling world, making models for less than a year.

This is my second diorama model (the first can be seen here: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/3ZoVD). This one is to be a Skyrim fanart.

All the modeling was made with Blender, the textures came from baked maps and made with Photoshop. They are simple because I lost my Wacom tablet 3 weeks ago, and I'm working with a mouse, so, it's what I can do for now. I want to improve them more until the finish. The entire model is lowpoly, as for game, and the final render will be made with Unity 5. 

I was a computer programmer for half of my life, and now I'm trying to make games. Because this all my models are lowpoly (not the low for mobile) and rendered with Unity, as a part of my learning path.

I'm trying to achieve an art style for my work. Once the mouse is a limitation for me, I'm trying to make the models a little more geometrical with simple textures, like cartoon, but not so cartoon.

Now, the pics.

Assembling the diorama and putting the dragon in the final pose (yes, he's rigged). I want to add more plants.

This is the dragon with the texture. He has 14K polys (the same of Skyrim dragons):

The skull, on it's low and high poly versions:

And the helmet:

Replies