Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Dharma The Destroyer [WIP]

Greetings!

I'm a long time lurker finally trying to get back into 3D pretty seriously again.  This character is an attempt to jump in and push my abilities further than before.  I'd say I'm still pretty novice but looking to venture down the game creation avenue of 3D.  So I plan to make this an optimized game-ready character in the end. 

I'm working in Zbrush, Blender and 3D Coat right now.  I'm still grinding out a workflow that suits me best.  I'm more of a traditional polygonal modeler so putting my trust in sculpting is taking some effort.  I do feel I'll enjoy it much more once I'm comfortable with it. 

The character is inspired by a kitten [Dharma] I took in that I found in a bush about a month ago.  When she's not being cute, she's being a monster... hence Dharma the Destroyer.  I plan to make her a stylized warrior/orc character.  Trying to keep it simple while at the same time interesting enough.

I'm pretty satisfied with the overall shape of the base and went ahead and retopo'd it.  The mouth cavity could use a little more work but I'm moving on to the armor/clothes.  This is where I don't have a lot of experience and am looking for help to push me in the right direction.  I spent the day in Blender trying to make clothes and they all ended up feeling pretty 'juvenile'.  I'll probably spend some time watching videos on cloth sculpting in Zbrush and give my next attempt with dynamesh. 

Well I just wanted to post this to help motivate me to actually complete it.  I'm very much open to suggestions and critiques!  Thank you for your time!

-Brad