Home Technical Talk

Maya Edge Loop Question...

polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
Poseidon8734 polycounter lvl 6
I am currently modeling something and to do what I need it to do I have to take a group of faces and make and edge loop around the inside of all of them. I am not quite sure how to do it or if it can even be done. I am trying to stay away from the Multi-Cut tool for this just to make it easier to replicate on the other side of the prop? Does anyone know how this could be done? I tried extruding inwards but it did not work how I wanted it to.

Replies

• Michael_Ingrassia
    Offline / Send Message
    Michael_Ingrassia polycounter lvl 5
    It's difficult to understand what youre trying to do without an image to see. If you are trying to add an edgeloop inside each of your faces you can (Edit Mesh/uncheck "Keep Faces Together") and do an extrude. Then select any of the 3 axis boxes to activate the center box and scale it down. This will create uniform inner edgeloops.
  • Poseidon8734
    Offline / Send Message
    Poseidon8734 polycounter lvl 6
    @Michael_Ingrassia Thanks! I would have provided an image but currently I can't access my computer. I do think you answered my question and I will try that method when I get home! If not I will make sure to attach an image of what I have in mind.