Home Animation Showcase & Critiques

Dragon Walk Cycle

BenEdwards94
polycounter lvl 2
Offline / Send Message
BenEdwards94 polycounter lvl 2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=raP6dHzv5kw
A dragon walk cycle that I've done a while ago and thought I'd put up on here. There are some bits I think that still need improving, like the feet and such. Would love to get some feedback from this

Replies

• artur2015
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    artur2015 null
    I tnink it is great!
  • BenEdwards94
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thankyou very much! :)
  • slipsius
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    slipsius mod
    I feel like the front shoulders are dropping when they should be lifting. Like, when the wing/hand (Im going to call them hands right now) lifts off the ground, the shoulder drops down. I think it should lift up, as if he is using all these muscles in his back/shoulder to lift up the wing and hand. This will also affect your torso rotation. Think if you were on your stomach, and you push up onto your hands. Start walking forward with just your hands and you`ll notice that you will lean really far to one side and lift the other side through your torso. 

The back legs look fantastic. love the toe curl stuff you got going on. 

Also, which dragon rig is that?
  • Rondog
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rondog polycounter lvl 3
    This looks great! That tail and hip swaying motion is fantastic, nicely done! I agree with all of slipsius' feedback. My addition would be to try and get the back end of the wings to drag on the ground. That could help show that the wings have some weight, and it's a living creature because it's moving only what's necessary to move (in this case, the 'hands'). Currently, it feels very much like the dragon's perfectly lifting a large platform from its 'hands'.

The head also has some hitches in it's movement. That could use a pass to refine it's arcs.

But again, really great work, nice job! 

I'd love to know more about that dragon rig you used too.
  • BenEdwards94
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thankyou guys for the feedback! I'll definitely take this all in to improve it.

It's a free dragon rig that I used. It's a really awesome rig! 

http://www.cgmeetup.net/home/dragon-rig-free-maya-rig-free-dragon-rig-for-maya/