Hey everyone, long time no post, this year has been a mad one. Finally found some time to post some work I completely recently, it's a showcase video I put together to highlight mostly my contribution to the Starfarer, Star Citizen's most ambitious multi-crew ship to date.
As Interior level lead, my responsibilities included:
- full design of the ship's interior layout, ensuring aesthetic, design and gameplay appeal.
- Discovery of the visual design and aesthetic appeal of the now popular 'Misc' brand of ship that features throughout Star Citizen
- Creation of around 95% of all textures and shaders seen throughout the interior of the ship
- Creation of all interior areas (with the exception of the bridge) seen in this video
- Final lighting across all interior spaces (with the exception of the bridge)
- Technical setup of portals and vis-areas across 90% of the ship
- Cryengine level owner
Huuuuge shout out to Colin Baynard for his great work across the engineering deck and in so many other fiddly areas throughout, to Phil Howlett, Michal Kozlowski and Richard Money for the beautiful exterior of the ship which features at the start of this video and to Jay Malhotra for his awesome work on the bridge interior. Robin Karlsson also did great work in the upper deck areas of the ship and Joe Neville took care of the turret interiors and their complicated, animating mechanisms. You can find them all on Artstation or via google, I recommend checking them out
Anyway, here's the video I put together to showcase mostly my stuff (bar the things mentioned above):
And some additional still shots/teaser images too. I have a lot more images that I've taken throughout the ship that I'll be posting to my artstation and facebook page each week, I'll be sure to post them here too, so stay tuned!