Home Adobe Substance

SD Mask Generator Troubles

polycounter lvl 10
Offline / Send Message
acealmighty13 polycounter lvl 10
I have been working on trying to replicate edge damages that can be found throughout the new Ratchet and Clank game.  My new environment is inspired by the franchise and I'm having trouble figuring it out using Substance Designer.  I'm still new to FX Maps and the Mask Builder.  I believe I'm thinking too hard about this and need an outside voice to point me in the right direction.  My hope is to have a customized generator to use throughout, just like any other Mask Generator in my library. 

While this post is up, I'm going to look through the other Mask Generators and see if I can't figure it out that way.

Replies

• Jerc
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jerc interpolator
    You should be able to achieve something similar just with the mask builder and cranking up the curvature settings and using a custom grunge that has splotches like in your first screenshot.
    No need to dive into any fxmap stuff :)
  • acealmighty13
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    acealmighty13 polycounter lvl 10
    I have a half hour drive to work and that popped into my head on my way this morning.  Ha ha!  Haven't had a chance to play with it yet but I at least know how to use the FX Map node.  Ha ha!  I could probably add a Blur and Levels node combination to blur out some of the smaller bits and pieces, or meld them together.