Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Trigun Revolver

polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
Ashindale polycounter lvl 7
Took my first try at making a gun for the time.
Marmoset viewer of the gun is on my ArtStation.
ArtStation: https://www.artstation.com/artist/ashindale

Replies

• OFPismySOP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    OFPismySOP polycounter lvl 6
    It looks like you have the basics down pretty well but your edges are doing some really weird stuff. You need to bevel your edges so the light will roll off of the model instead of starting and stopping abruptly.

What was the workflow behind this? It doesn't look like you made a high poly model and bake down the lighting information onto the low poly model. If you did I think it would fix a lot of the oddness you have in your edges.
    The silhouette is nice and colors look okay but you have to work on your normals more to get a more polished product.

Keep it up!
  • Ashindale
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ashindale polycounter lvl 7
    It looks like you have the basics down pretty well but your edges are doing some really weird stuff. You need to bevel your edges so the light will roll off of the model instead of starting and stopping abruptly.

What was the workflow behind this? It doesn't look like you made a high poly model and bake down the lighting information onto the low poly model. If you did I think it would fix a lot of the oddness you have in your edges.
    The silhouette is nice and colors look okay but you have to work on your normals more to get a more polished product.

Keep it up!
    Thanks man , defensively will keep this stuff in mind in my future products.