Home 2D Art Showcase & Critiques

10 new road HDRIs + 170 backplates + more...

polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
gregzaal polycounter lvl 5
Hey guys, just thought I'd share some new HDRIs I uploaded yesterday:

Those are a few of my favourite ones, but there are a couple more if you're curious: https://hdrihaven.com/bundle.php?b=roads_01

This now brings the total number of HDRIs on HDRI Haven to 65 - you can see an expansive list here. They're all available for free at 1k resolution, or $5.95 each if you need a bigger size. All my HDRIs are unclipped, even the ones with the sun in them, which means you won't get any nasty soft shadows or unexpectedly low-contrast lighting.

This is the first bundle of HDRIs that comes from a trip Rico Cilliers and I recently took to Cape Town. It's focused on vehicle rendering, so it comes with 170 background images that match the HDRIs to make compositing your cars and whatnot easier. For the next few days, the bundle also comes with some extras like seamless textures, a high-poly Audi R8 and a nice car paint shader.

Jackdarton helped me with a couple renders to try out some of the HDRIs+backplates:

Again, just some of my favourites :) You can see a couple more at the bottom of the bundle page. They were all lit with only an HDRI, and used one of the background photos that come with the HDRI. The Cycles render engine in Blender makes it pretty easy to get good results with very little effort, as long as the background and HDRI match.

If you make anything cool with the HDRIs, I'd really love to see it :)