Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Fable Tavern (WIP)

MagicFlyingBus
polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
MagicFlyingBus polycounter lvl 5
Hey guys! First time poster really excited to show off a project I have been working on. 

A little about me, I am an aspiring 3D artist, hoping to land a job (soon) in the industry! My skill sets are modeling, texturing and lighting.

Programs used: 

Modeling, and Set Dressing: Maya

High Poly Sculpts: Zbrush

Baking; Xnormals

Color and other maps: Photoshop, Substance Designer / Painter

Render: Marmoset Tool Bag 2

Things I am having issues with. Making the roof. I have been banging my head against the wall on how to make a believable wood slated roof without just overlaying an image, and not going crazy on poly count. Trying to find a nice in between. 

Trees and Foliage, this is mostly inspired by two games, Fable and The Witcher. I wanted the setting to be more Scandinavian and have been doing research on types of foliage in those areas, but my hang ups are actually creating the plant models. I honestly have no idea on where to begin. Same thing with Trees.

For the back I wanted to add a few barrels and wooden crates since it is a tavern I also have a wagon modeled (But not shaded) I wanted to add to the scene. Additionally I have a few lanterns made as well.

Any props, suggestions, or critique are greatly welcomed!

I have a Cellar made out and currently in the process of making a high poly sculpt for the back right corner. 

Here is the stone wall texture that I made. I used Zbrush for the high Poly pass then used ZappLink to get the Normal, Cavity, and Masks Maps out. With those I was able to create the Color and used Quxiel NDO to create the ambient occlusion.

Four Stucco textures I made using Zbrush and Photoshop. Since this will not be a game piece I have the luxury of being able to cut up the walls into separate pieces and give them their own unique stucco maps. Overall I created eight in total and spread them throughout the scene to give it some randomness. 

Thank you! Critiques and suggestions are welcome!

Additionally, if anyone has suggestions on how to tackle the roof, foliage or trees that would be wonderful!

Replies