Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Medieval Village Diorama Day lighting

null

Hey Polycount Peeps I´m pretty new here so I´ll start by introducing myself with my latest work, I´m a Digital FIlm Design Student ~ 4th Semester from Germany.

I started working on this project a couple of weeks ago, our task was to model, texture and light a streetscene in day and night with vray.
Since i always wanted to do a medieval village i went a little crazy with the details, but since I´m an aspiring Environment artist I wanted to show what i can do with 3ds max, substance Painter and Vray.
The Houses consist of 6 modular building parts and some accessories such as windows and balconys and Stairs and so on.
everything you see here is textured in Substance painter ~ except the water and Grass.

3Dmodeling: 3dsmax16 // Texturing: Substance Painter 2, Photoshop // Rendering: Vray // Composite: Nuke9

SO, after about 8 weeks I´m calling this done! these are just a few of the renders i made, you can sse more on my Artstation if you wish!

thank you for stopping by :)

you can see more on my Artstation: marcelhansen.artstation.com

Cheers, Marcel

Replies

• Leinadien
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Leinadien vertex
    Beautiful, I'm curious when you create any kind of architecture. Do you create the pieces by themselves then assemble them into houses, or do you create an entire house and texture every piece of it with unique textures.
  • MarHansen
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MarHansen null
    Leinadien said:
    Beautiful, I'm curious when you create any kind of architecture. Do you create the pieces by themselves then assemble them into houses, or do you create an entire house and texture every piece of it with unique textures.

in this case i created severeal modularpieces and than assembled them into houses