Home 2D Art Showcase & Critiques

Student Concept Art - Danny Chang - Improvement thread

Dansquarey
null
Hi 

I am a student Concept Artist wanting to improve, i will post my works here and crits are very welcome=)

Some Char Thumbnails

Master Studies of paintings that i like the look of

Some Environment Thumbnails practice

Replies

• benkulino
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    benkulino polycounter lvl 3
    i guess u have a good start, especially your environment thumbnail. If i were u, i would choose to concentrate in one choice, depend on the quality of the work/ focus in one area. Here, I looked your environment better, you like good with nature elements like rocks, stones, mountains, foliage, water, etc. So my advice is first focusing in one area, environment or character, then if you choose environment, trying to expand yourself in basic design principle like perspective, scale, building, composition, cultures, and etc. Keep up dude. :)
  • ayoub44
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ayoub44 polycounter lvl 10
    Great Start .. keep it up :)
  • Sirdelita
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sirdelita polycounter lvl 10
    Character Thumbs : Have a clear intent and focus. It's difficult to see what you're trying to design. 

Environment studies : Awesome! Don't be afraid to push the FULL value range. Squint at the image you're studying. 

You got this. :)
  • Dansquarey
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dansquarey null
    Thanks guys, I have been trying to improve my environment as it is something that i haven't done much, in the mean time i have done some more character thumbnails as i was inspired to do so aha, crits are very welcome indeed! and thank you guys for the comments, i will make sure i get the most out of them=)