Home Quixel Megascans

Solved: Mask painting suddenly stopped working.

StevenTB
polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
StevenTB polycounter lvl 7
This morning I have discovered that I can't paint in 3Do anymore. Was working a few days ago when I made my last prop. I open the dynamask editor, full paint or not, the brush circle flashes into view and then disappears. 

I have downloaded new gpu drivers, made new projects and reinstalled an older version of quixel suite. Nothing has worked. I really don't want to have to reinstall photoshop and reconfigure my addons :\

Another thread mentioned a clear button in 3Do I wanted to try, but I cannot find the thing. 

Are there any known issues or work arounds for this?

Replies

• Synaesthesia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Synaesthesia polycounter
    May I see a video of this error in action?
  • StevenTB
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey Synaesthesia. It seems that Quixel is not to blame in this instance. I think there was something wrong with my mesh, other models are working.

I did some more testing on the non-working mesh and it seems the 'brush' is stuck in the center. I still can't paint on it, but I can rotate and adjust the size of the brush and it appears during those changes but leaves again once I release the keys.

I did some test recordings, but it really is hard to tell what is going on without being able to see the mouse cursor. And the file sizes are massive and etc etc. I can try a little more if you really want to see it, but I am good at the moment. hopefully the additional info points you in a direction or shows I just cocked something up.
  • Synaesthesia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Synaesthesia polycounter
    Try resetting transforms before exporting?
  • StevenTB
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey Synaesthesia.
    I have found that the issue can be reproduced reliably, by naming my mesh 'Plane'. I have done many tests, with the only change being exporting my mesh with different names and doing the same steps inside of Quixel. Other names work fine, 'Plane' and I cannot paint anything, the brush is stuck at the center, only visible when resizing and rotating.

perhaps it is some sort of internal name conflict?
  • Synaesthesia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Synaesthesia polycounter
    That's quite strange. I'll forward that on to our programmers. Thanks for the information!
  • Synaesthesia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Synaesthesia polycounter
    This has now been fixed and will be resolved in the 2.1.6 patch, which should be hitting very soon. :smile:
  • StevenTB
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Now that is some good news to wake up to. Awesome stuff, cheers Synaesthesia!

Not that I am desperate to name my models 'Plane', but being a default mesh term I could see this situation repeating itself from time to time and being difficult to narrow down a solution. It was a stupid idea that made me consider/notice the name.