Home Adobe Substance

Quixel materials to Substance Painter question ( from "Substance in Rainbow Six" presentation)

Hak
Hak
polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
Hak polycounter lvl 3
Is there bulletproof way of converting quixel's material library to Painter ?
Some info here http://goo.gl/3A4LuR, but there is no "Disney GGX" preset ... maybe "Metalness PBR(Disney) or RenderMan(PxrDisney ) and also i've got problems with roughness channel, can we invert specific channels in Fill layer ? 

Replies

• musashidan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    musashidan high dynamic range
    Metalness PBR(Disney) is using the GGX The GGX is the particular BRDF used by the shader.

The Renderman preset is for the offline renderer, Renderman.

To invert your roughness channel just add a levels and click invert.(making sure roughness channel is selected in the channels dropdown)
  • Hak
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hak polycounter lvl 3
    Thank's Danny ... I just  bought your "Sustance Painter To Vray" tutorial, cool stuff ) , anything "arnold + substance" in the future, and it's a insta-buy ! 
  • musashidan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    musashidan high dynamic range
    Hak said:
    Thank's Danny ... I just  bought your "Sustance Painter To Vray" tutorial, cool stuff ) , anything "arnold + substance" in the future, and it's a insta-buy ! 
    Thanks for the support. :) Next time I get the chance to play with Arnold(it's been about a year) I'll see what I can do by way of adding a bonus vid or something. But most of the offline renderers essentially use the same maps, so applying the principles of the course should work fine.