Home Marmoset

Difference Between 3DO IBL and Toolbag 2's. And please bring back Toolbag 1 Sky

Hi guys. Loving your excellent render program and I cannot wait for Toolbag 3 to drop (I have some wishlist on what might be the new features)

However, is there a way for me to get an identical look that I am having when I preview my working textures using Quixel 3Do. Most of the time I got the Albedo, Gloss, Spec values locked-in using 3Do's viewer but it looks different when I render it in Toolbag 2. Most of the time it looks over-exposed and I have to adjust the camera, add lights, etc...in Toolbag just to get (roughly) the similar values I have in 3Do.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Quixel developed their 3Do viewer using Marmoset's tech, right? There's should be some sort of syncing of the values. I would be helpful for the workflow integration so that we could get the texture values right using any texturing package and go use Toolbag to enhance the presentation even further.

And another thing. Can you bring back those old Toolbag 1.0 Sky Backgrounds? I think those were great.

Thanks guys and again I can't wait for the upcoming Toolbag 3.

Replies

• Prime8
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Prime8 interpolator
    3DO has some direct lights added to the same environments, if you turn off the direct light it looks the same as Toolbag without any additional lights.
  • EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi Veejay,

3Do was at one point based on Marmoset Skyshop shaders, which were never quite the same as Marmoset Toolbag 2 shaders (more like in-between Toolbag 1 and Toolbag 2 shaders). As far as I know, the guys at Quixel made various modifications to the shaders, so I'm not sure exactly how closely they match what we're doing in Toolbag 2.

3Do has a variety of post effects and other options that differ from what we offer in TB2 as well, I would recommend turning off the post effects if you're trying to match the results between 3Do and TB2. Differences in dynamic lighting, as Prime8 suggests, can throw things off too.

The sky system changed completely from Toolbag 1 to Toolbag 2, and we no longer have some of the source content for those skies, so unfortunately we will not be offering the Toolbag 1 sky content in a future release. Sorry.