Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Zbrush bust, first time

Riff_Raff_Art
polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
Riff_Raff_Art polycounter lvl 4
Hi,

Trying out Zbrush for the first time now, made my first ever bust without any tutorial movies in the background, just using Google as a referance for tips on old roman busts. So the plan is to make one now wich is not to detailed but ad a hint of cloth as well, its a fun work in progress.

We practice with Mudbox at school, but to be honest, despite the shitty UI on Zbrush, its just way easier...this program is growing on me! 

What do you guys think?

Replies

• purplekami
    Offline / Send Message
    purplekami polycounter lvl 2
    It's a good start, but there are a few areas which need work. Start off making and studying the form of the skull, it's crucial not to lose it as you're working. Your bust is also lacking what differentiates a face from a bust; the neck, ears and shoulders are all crucial and you should get those in next. The eyelids also need some restructuring, make sure to study the forms in the eye and how they relate to the rest of the face. Good job on the lips! Be careful to not subdivide too much and start working on small details whilst the form still needs work or your bust will end up being very hard to work with.
    I also suggest changing the material away from matcap red, personally I like the green or gray. 
    You'll get used to the UI, keep at it!
  • Riff_Raff_Art
    Offline / Send Message
    It's a good start, but there are a few areas which need work. Start off making and studying the form of the skull, it's crucial not to lose it as you're working. Your bust is also lacking what differentiates a face from a bust; the neck, ears and shoulders are all crucial and you should get those in next. The eyelids also need some restructuring, make sure to study the forms in the eye and how they relate to the rest of the face. Good job on the lips! Be careful to not subdivide too much and start working on small details whilst the form still needs work or your bust will end up being very hard to work with.
    I also suggest changing the material away from matcap red, personally I like the green or gray. 
    You'll get used to the UI, keep at it!

Thanks for the amazing feedback! I just started working with 3D with school in january, its super exciting doing it.

Ill be sure to get that fixed and post an update. :D
  • Riff_Raff_Art
    Offline / Send Message
    Still working on buste, did a test render to see how it looked while in marble. Now on to getting the face more correct, hair and the cloth cape.