Home Quixel Megascans

Answered: Color ID is Empty

Apologies if I am missing something basic here, but I just bought QS2 yesterday and while so far almost everything is working as expected,  I am having issues with the Color ID script for Maya.

First off, if I try and use it as directed I get the an error reading
# Error: TypeError: file <maya console> line 5: reload() argument must be module
I read on another thread to drop the reload argument, so I tried that and it got past the error and opened the window, but it's completely empty.

This is, needless to say, not helpful :neutral: 

(Using Maya 2016 SP5 on Win10)

Replies

• Sythen
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sythen polycounter lvl 10
    Hey there!

Our apologies, this is due to installing Quixel SUITE in the non-default area.
    In your Quixel SUITE 2.0 directory, and then in the colors directory you'll find a settings.ini file.

The line, QS2= needs to be changed to the correct directory (Quixel SUITE 2.0's directory, not the colors directory), so for example:
    QS2=X:\\Path\\To\\Quixel SUITE 2.0

Also be sure to replace the windows single forward slash with a double back slash, after that - restart Quixel Colors!
    We've plans for the next release to pull all of this from registry, along with a quick maya install, so users don't have to deal
    with all of this code setup. Also be sure to check the FAQ as most of the Colors related issues can be found there. Apologies for the inconvenience!

Kind regards,
    Scott.
  • Panicintrinsica
    So, I changed the directory, and was then unable to open it at all. Took me about twenty minutes, but then I figured out that I also had a permissions issue. So I made sure that Maya started in Admin Mode and suddenly everything shows up and works perfectly.

Tack mycket!
  • Synaesthesia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Synaesthesia polycounter