Home 2D Art Showcase & Critiques

CC please on my TGC piece

yinxuu
vertex
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
yinxuu vertex
I had a great experience with my first CC post here so I thought I would try my luck again. This time I am trying to finish a piece for The Game Challenge 

I feel like I'm getting stuck, maybe a little overwhlemed. I find myself not knowing what to do next. I'm trying to achieve a more realistic look, but find myself not knowing how to cross that boundary. Also, when I start painting I feel like my anatomy which I planned out start to morph. There's something awkward about it I can't pinpoint with his left arm as well as legs...

TLDR: Help! 

Replies

• RN
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    RN sublime tool
    yinxuu said:
    There's something awkward about it I can't pinpoint with his left arm as well as legs... 
    This helps a lot: close your eyes, flip the canvas horizontally (bind it to a hotkey first), then open your eyes.
    It feels like it's (somewhat) your first time seeing it, it's much easier to spot problems. You can flip back and forth while you work.

You can work on it even while it's mirrored like that, such that by the end it won't make a difference what direction it originally had: your finished piece will look great on any horizontal flip.