Home Full time/Part time work

Facebook seeks incredible 3D artists to help create the future of social VR

Facebook is hiring 3D generalist artists for an exciting foray into virtual reality. We have multiple teams looking for very strong artists who can help us prototype and build incredible immersive experiences that further Facebook's mission to connect the world. 

Here's the job ad: https://www.facebook.com/careers/jobs/a0I1200000IABzM/

We're seeking a wide spread of skills from concepts through modeling, texturing and animation. We want to move fast and keep our teams small in the early stages, so this is an unusual chance to have a pivotal role in an incredibly exciting new area. As we grow the team into production the successful artists will have the opportunity to move into art direction or remain individual contributors, perhaps with increased specialization.

Two of our team leaders are pioneers from games. Daniel James (me) was co-founder of Three Rings, makers of Puzzle Pirates and Spiral Knights. Michael Booth was creator of Left 4 Dead at Turtle Rock / Valve. You can read more about the recently announced initiative here.

These are in-house, full-time roles at Facebook's Frank Gehry-designed HQ in Menlo Park in the beautiful Bay Area. 

Please apply via the website with a link to your portfolio, but please do drop me a PM if you have specific questions. I apologize that we may not be able to reply to all applications or queries. Thanks!

Replies