Home Quixel Megascans

In-progress: nDo (Suite 2.1.2): Seams at edges of image when using map creator on tileable image

Offline / Send Message
Pinned
I'm new to Quixel and currently trying to just create a set of texture maps from a seamlessly tileable image. I have created the normal map, which is working as expected. However, I am now trying to create a specular map from the normal map, via the map converter, and running into an issue where the left and right edges of the created specular map have highlighted seams. After doing a lot of testing I figured out that this happens when using a low size attribute (2-4), and is more pronounced if the contrast is higher (75), the shape is set to "Chiseled" and the bevel is set to "Emboss".

I'm currently just getting around this by just upping the size, lowering the contrast, etc. Of course that is not ideal since it's not quite the look I am going for. Anyway, I just wanted to post this to see if it is a known issue / limitation, and if not as a bug report that perhaps could be looked into further and possibly resolved.

These are the settings I used to produce the below artifacting.

Below is an image of the created specular map. Note, I have dragged the edge of the image over to make it easier to see the highlight.

Below is a link to a zip containing a png of the original tileable image, the normal it produced, an and annotated version of the specular map that shows the seam highlighting.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5271949/Quixel-specular-seam-issue.zip

Replies