Home Contests & Challenges Archives Allegorithmic's the Beast

The Beast - Outcast Princess

For my take on The Beast I decided to do a gender bend take on one whom, instead of living inside her comfy castle, was outcast by the rest of her family. This is due to her insulting a visiting witch whom happened to be helping her father with something and she cast cursed her forcing the appearance on her. Thus she lives out in the wilderness clinging to her past by still treating herself regally, fixing old garments a new and trying her hardest to live her old life despite the set back. I'm planning on having her clothes retain a sort of regal feel despite the slipshod recreated nature of it featuring a variety of different textures and patterns.

Did some concept sketches as well to try to figure out a design, I'm worried that I'm not making her look feral enough but I've always tended towards more cute designs rather then frightening so I may just roll with what I know best!

Replies

• ConradB
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Did some dynamesh sculpts just to test out a few designs I feel like a combo of the three will work best. I like the sorta rounded goat horns look. 

• ConradB
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

Woo finally got some time to start working on the base anatomical mesh. I was trying to incorporate pieces of goat anatomy in the arm bones but I feel like I need to make it more fleshy. As well, I'm not really sure how I'm going to do the fur. Figure I'll see if going in by hand will be worth it or if noise maker or spotlight projection might help with that.
    Still lots to go!
  • ConradB
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

Finally managed to get some more time in working on it! Definitely have to do something with that hair. Also that fur is horrible but I was just messing around with a bunch of different methods I'm totally going to fix it up soon when I'm not overwhelmed with assignments.