Home Contests & Challenges Archives Allegorithmic's the Beast

The Beast - Dark Tribe

I have already a lot to do in my freetime, but still this theme is just too tempting. So I started a sculpt today.

Inspiration from soonlee at drawcrowd (shape http://drawcrowd.com/projects/mjgxmtq4ltytmtutmtc) and Settlers 4 Dark Tribe for visuals, along with some others I still need to search for ^^

I am kinda unsure if I should just use this pose and sculpt everything around it, or if I should go for a T-Pose and position afterwards... really hard to decide. 
Making a T-Pose will be cleaner but will take a lot of time and with the posing a lot of adjustements, but it would make sense, since why would i need a clean topology if I don't consider it animatable??
On the other side, why spending time on something when I need the final sculpt in this pose, and time is rare...
any ideas guys?

Replies

• Sundaynights
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
     Here is the story, in amazing 99 words (I should add one somewhere...):

The dust of the crumbled castle, the stench of rotting flesh and scrapping of bug-legs on the ground. The ruins had been the only home he knew, the rotting flesh from the carcasses of his people and the bugs were his pets. Survivors told him who the attackers were: „Romans.“ „Mayans.“ „Vikings.“

When everyone perished Loneliness, Sorrow and Despair were his company. What kind of monsters did his people fought against?

Animals ran away, flowers withered. grass decayed and trees shrivelled, their leaves turning to dust, when he past by them on his lone journey. Only mushrooms could endure.