Home 2D Art Showcase & Critiques

Danotex Learning To Pixel Art!

danotex1128
polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
danotex1128 polycounter lvl 3
Hello everyone! New to pixel art, and doing my best to learn how to pull it off. I would appreciate any constructive criticism so I can improve!

Replies

• danotex1128
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    danotex1128 polycounter lvl 3
    So I started making a Cherry Blossom tree the other day. Initially I think I went a bit overboard on the dithering and went back to vary the pattern a bit and reduce how large the dithering regions were. Let me know what you think, or what I can do to improve.
    *The first one will be the original followed by the overhauled one.

• Crybaby
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I actually like the first cherry tree a bit more! Since there's a pretty good amount of contrast between shades, the dither helps make it blend together nicely, and as soon as I saw the dither, I instantly interpreted it as the blossoms' flower petals. I'm not sure if that's what you intended, but either way, it made a really nice effect!

I'd definitely work on the tree's trunk/wood part a bit more, though, and maybe abstain from dithering at all there, since the dither reads so well as part of the flowers' texturing. I'm really looking forward to seeing more of your work, Danotex! :)