Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[UE4] Environment - Underground laboratory

Edit: Last Update

Hello!
I'm currently working on this scene for my portfolio.

It's a control room of an underground complex where scientist done some research / testing.
I want to give an old and messy look to this piece like if it's been in 1980' and the scientist made a lot of tests and pull things over and over to experiment.

It's still wip and I will work again some weeks on it.
So I would like some return about your feeling, what you like or don't like, etc.

here we go!

Replies

• godejon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    godejon polycounter lvl 6
    This looks great! I think the lamps could use a little more geometry, you can probably afford to hide those polys. Also I'll say that the green color in the cracks of the brick is confusing to me. I don't think it looks bad, but it does draw my attention, and I'm not really sure how such a bright green would get there. I think the desk with the green computer monitors looks fantastic, but that you could make the panel details pop a bit more (they don't really show at all in the second image). And maybe add something to fill in the square depression on the right of the desk. Great work!
  • Backano
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thank you for your feedback, it's help me a lot!

I recently made some new assets and try to bring some life.
    Next step is to make the chair, some archive boxes and the screens for the monitors.

I change the lighting too. What do you think about this?

• Vaalan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Vaalan polycounter lvl 10
    Your scene is cool!
    You have a nice style and pretty assets. But you can improve the rendering.

I think your glass is to "clean", you should make it more old. A ray of light with fog will be nice (a bit).
    I saw one or two cable, I think you can put more : on the arche, roof and more on the ground. Same for the papers, some on the ground.
    The ground have a flat lightning and both part of it had the same color (roof tile and rubber).
    In general, your light have the same color, more "orange" will improve the ambiance ^^ i think.

Hope you will post more screens, good luck =)
  • Backano
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks you Vaalan!
    I moved some assets and changed my lighting too.
    Let me know what you think :)

• Backano
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hello!

I finally got time to make the chair and some archive box!
    I still need some minor detail like text on Post-it, some cable, etc., but I think I'm almost done.
    May be tweaking the post process a bit more?

Anyway, C&C are welcome :)
    I'll start to present some assets and textures works soon.